Wednesday, July 1, 2009

La Playa!
Bienvenidos to the beautiful black-sand beaches of Guatemala! It was absolutely beautiful!

During the drive to the beach, I took a lot of pictures of the beautiful clouds. God has made SUCH a beautiful world. Even here where there is a lot to be sad about, there is still so much for which God deserves PRAISE!



This is the shower house next to the pool. They had a gorgeous house there and it really made for a nice vacation!

Seidy and Victoria had a blast playing in the pool! I worked with Seidy and she got pretty brave with her swimming.

Running to the beach!

This was the pathway to the beach from the house. It was very close.

And here are the black sandy beaches! I had never seen black sand before and it was SUPER hot! You could only go barefoot if you were walking on the edge of the water so that the water cooled it off.


I know it looks peaceful, but don't let this picture fool you. Victoria was having a WILD and crazy time.
Seidy with her pink sombrero which kept flying off her tiny little head. Adorable!

This week we are preparing for the next team which gets here on Sunday! There is a LOT to get done and only a short time left before they arrive, so we are working hard. Once Sunday comes, I will be staying at a different house where I won't have internet access. So, if I don't post or respond to messages for a while, it is just because I haven't had a chance to bring my laptop to Judy's house. I will be sure to post again as soon as I have the chance.

Say a prayer for this next team as we prepare!

Dios te bendiga!

No comments: