Monday, December 1, 2008

Ten Things That Brought Me Joy Over the Holiday Break

In light of the Thanksgiving holiday, I compiled this list of 10 things that brought me joy during Thansgiving break.

In no particular order....

10. Holding precious baby Kendall...and then finding out she wasn't as sick as we thought! So glad she is better!

9. Being Cayden's best friend...then not...then yes again...then not...then he wants to bake a cake for me and write my name on it with icing. (Four year olds are fickle! What can you do?)

8. Spending time with Becky Baker...although celtic hip hop is definitely NOT our favorite! (haha...if you have ever been to O'Shea's, then you understand!)

7. Talking to Diana whenever I had a signal on my drive back to Bloomington. I miss her.

6. Thanksgiving with my family (plus Steve and Dana Hill...so glad they came!) Highlights include: winning Disney Scene It and Buzz Word, playing Taboo, and seeing Australia with Katie and Maria. It was unexpectedly long, but a really good movie with an adorable little kid as one of the main characters!

5. Katie's grape salad + my hashbrown casserole + Dana's Derby pie = heaven.

4. Shopping with Mom and Andrew on Black Friday...wondering where all the people were...then finding them all at the mall. We're still wondering where all the good deals were, but it was wonderful spending time with them!

3. Quiet time with Mike. According to I Corinthians 11, Mike has a humongous head because he is a boy. (He said we should meditate and fast on the fact that the head of woman is man...I told him that just means he has a fat head! haha! For some reason, I found that funnier than he did.)

2. Discovering the Christmas music channel on our tv!

1. Our wonderfully festive apartment! We were SO excited to decorate! Allison and I listened to our Christmas music channel, ate snowman cookies, and decorated the tree!

(Look! It's two thumbs with a Kathy in the middle!)


It's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas!


Our Christmas Kitchen


The Living Room


My Room

Even the bathroom is feeling festive!

Merry Christmas! I pray that each of you find many things to be thankful for this holiday season!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hey Love!
I love your apartment decor!!! We just got our tree today so I need to post pics on facebook when we decorate so that you can see too! What kind of cookies were those?

Kathy Smallwood said...

Cheesecake cookies with cherries! They were a huge hit! I may have to post the recipe because it is really easy!