Monday, November 24, 2008

Taboo and Turkey Time!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you to all my friends and family who keep in touch no matter the distance between us!

---

Things in Bloomington have slowed down drastically! It is very quiet on campus, as many students have decided to start their break extra early. I can't say that I blame them! I am oh,so ready to head to Louisville and visit my family.

Time for turkey and taboo! They are both important Thanksgiving traditions. (Taboo is actually a tradition for EVERY holiday in my family! Haha! This year I think we may be adding some new games to the mix! We will see how it goes).

I am excited to see people celebrating Thanksgiving! So many stores have bypassed Thanksgiving and are already displaying Christmas in excess. I love Christmas, don't get me wrong, but skipping over Thanksgiving in my opinion is unfortunate. I love the seasons and the holidays as they come, and rushing through any one of them just seems wrong.

---

Although my brain is already racing toward the upcoming turkey time, there is still a thing or two to be finished here. The most interest project is my research for my law class. The topic involves what happens when immigration law and family law intersect (such as foster care and legal status of abandoned immigrant children). My work is not yet completed, but I will post the finished product once I am done. If anyone is interested, be sure to check it out!

----

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: