Sunday, November 16, 2008

From grad school to grade school

So, there is grade school, then there is grad school, and I am coming to the conclusion that the "e" that differentiates the two is not entirely all that significant. Why, you ask...

This past Monday is a perfect illustration. Before Advanced Statistical Analysis class, we played Heads up 7 Up. That's right. "Heads down, eyes closed, grad students." During round three of the game, the entire seven up clan (the people whose thumbs were touched) ganged up on me. They ALL blamed me for picking them! I mean, seriously! So, obviously I had to be "heads down, eyes closed" for the next round. The animal crackers I devoured during class helped ease the pain of being ganged up on by a bunch of grad kids.

Tuesday, we all discussed our favorite Disney Princess before stats lab for SPSS. Most of the boys were Jasmine, but a few of the really intelligent ones voted for Belle. (She has always been the best princess! Duh!)

It's all fun and games....until class starts! :)

---

In other news, it looks like I will be helping my friend Suzzy with her ESL classes on Monday from here on out! We had a blast last week and I am really looking forward to joining the class again tomorrow! It is a wonderful opportunity for me to practice my Spanish vocabulary and it helps the ESL learners to have explanations in Spanish from time to time. I will let you know how it goes!

---

Final note: The mini laptop has presented me with the "black screen of death." Thus, it is on it's merry little way back to Acer for repairs. In the meantime, my posts may be even more intermittent. (Sorry!)


1 comment:

Suzzy said...

heads up 7up was the greatest pre-class activity everrrr!

belle IS the best princess.

and thank you SO much for helping with esl!