Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grow a Little Faith

I wanted to share with you a challenge that God is walking me through. I was recently convicted about my lack of faith. I believe in God. This isn't a matter of believing in Him, it's a matter of believing Him and holding firmly to His promises. When God says He is going to do something, I am not good at trusting that He will. I know He will in my head and to some extent in my heart, but the full conviction is not as strong as I know it should be.

So, God has been challenging me to solidify my faith by remembering. That's right. Remembering. It's a part of worship that I probably neglect too often. This week in my quiet time, I have been focusing on remembering His faithfulness and the way He has exemplified it in my life and those around me again and again.

Just a word of encouragement...
and perhaps an idea that will encourage your faith as well.

---
Matthew 14: 28 - 31

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

---

I want to get out of the boat, keep my eyes on Jesus, and walk right through the wind and the waves.


No comments: