Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fiestas, townhouses and jazzercise!

Haha, that title makes me laugh. Basically, though, it's a quick list of the things I am most excited about today.

Last night was my somewhat impromptu birthday fiesta hosted by the lovely Suzzy Mangas. It was the perfect fiesta including fajitas, hilarious mustaches and LOADS of laughs. We had the BEST time and I was SO thankful for friends who share their time and funny first kiss memories with me. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Monday, since it's MLK Day, there are no classes at IU and the office I am a graduate assistant for is also closed. So....Mike and I are going to check out a townhouse that we might maybe possibly move into come August! It's a property that my landlord has coming open, and I really, really like me landlord (a rare occurrence in a college town), so we are hoping to stick with her! I'll let you know how it goes.

One final tidbit...I recently started JAZZERCISE! It's not only part of my, Look-As-Hot-As-Possible-for-My-Wedding program, but also part of my plan to discover a more sustainable work-out plan. I LOVE working out, but doing it alone on a treadmill or even alone in my apartment gets SUPER boring after a while. So...I am stoked about the JAZZERCISE! I get to go work out with lots of other women, I get to DANCE and I get my entire workout (and a good one, at that) accomplished in just one hour.

(Side note, one of the instructors asked me on my second class if I would be interested in becoming an instructor...haha. The really funny part is that I am DEFINITELY considering it as maybe a part-time option after graduation! I think it would be a BLAST!)

Also, I am hoping/planning to post on a MUCH more regular basis starting this year for a number of reasons:

1. I want to keep you updated on wedding plans!
2. I want to do a better job of keeping everyone informed on exciting things going on in my life.
3. (Probably the most important reason...) I want to start blogging on some more serious topics that come up from time to time, particularly spiritual topics. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Dios les bendiga!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey! I am glad that you will be blogging again! Honestly I had forgotten about your blog since you have been back from Guat.! Hey, I really dig the town house! That is so cool that you could add a link! and the rent is killer good! Yah! I hope it shows up on fb everytime you blog so that I know to read it :D
Love ya girl :D