Monday, April 19, 2010

Little Red/White Box

I would like to discuss a really horrible Sunday School song. It is called "Little White Box" or sometimes "If I Had a Little White Box." If I could make one request, please don't teach your children this song.

There are a zillion reasons why this song annoys me, but let's suffice it to say that you cannot and should not want to keep Jesus in a little box. You also really shouldn't have kids carrying around Satan in a box either, for that matter.

The whole thing is just weird and disturbing.

So, please, do not teach your children this song.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why would you want to keep *anyone* in a box? I would rather walk with Jesus. Keeping Satan in a box seems extremely dangerous, even if you are going to "bash his face." I do hereby solemnly swear to never teach my children this song.

Amy said...

I always thought that song was a little weird, too. Even when I was a child learning it in children's church. They taught us that God is everywhere/omnipresent, and that nothing can contain Him. That doesn't jive with the idea of carrying Him around in a little box.

Kathy Smallwood said...

I'm so glad to have people on my anti-red/white box team! Thank you for pledging your support to this cause and NOT perpetuating this ridiculous song.

Diana said...

Besides the above mentioned objections to this song, especially the comment on God being omnipresent, that video is just kinda creepy...