Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Happy Wednesday, friends and family!

So, it has been brought to my attention that my previous blog post was totally random. Sorry for those who were utterly confused and thanks to all who played along. Random or not, you have to admit it was fun!

Today's note, however, is much more expected because as most of you Facebook-stalkers know, I GOT A JOB!

Yep, that's right. I am now employed! While I am positive that God is probably looking down from heaven, shaking his head in a very dad-like manner, and saying "I told you so," I admit that I was getting nervous. I mean, I had an offer a few weeks ago. My only offer at that point, mind you, and God told me to say no. I didn't really want the job, but it was a job. So, saying "no" felt difficult despite the fact that I would have rather worked at Kohl's (no offense to anyone who works/worked there.)

Anyway, I am thrilled that this was God's plan! (I also have to give some credit to my brother Andrew for helping me pick out my "power suit" for my final interview, complete with bright pink button down. haha! Thanks, bro!)

I will start at the Timmy Foundation in Indianapolis as their new Program Coordinator the end of next month! I'll also be travelling to Latin America here and there, which is clearly breaking my heart, but I think I'll manage. (Love it!)

Thanks to everyone who prayed me through the job search and be sure to check out www.timmyfoundation.org for all the details!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I am so excited to see where God is taking you and Mike, I know it has to be AMAZING!